The instructional day begins at 8:15 a.m.
- Students can arrive to school as early as 7:45 a.m.
- Students cannot be left at school unsupervised before 7:45 a.m.
- Students must be in the classroom by 8:15 a.m.
- An adult must sign any student who arrives to school at or after 8:15 a.m. in the front office.
- It is not necessary to call the office to report your child's absence. All absences need to be in writing, Dr. note or email to email@example.com. Be sure to include the student's first name, last name, and date of absence(s). Send in the absence note to the teacher upon your child's return to school.
The state of North Carolina will excuse the following absences:
- Student illness/injury
- Student medical/dental appointment
- Death in immediate family
- Religious observance – CMS approved. Submit completed form to the office for principal's signature.
- Educational opportunity
Feel free to contact Ms. Castillo at 980-343-5815 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns regarding attendance.
Report an Absence