Members of the School Improvement Team (SIT) are directly involved in the development and monitoring of the School Improvement Plan, and as appropriate, some of the day-to-day operations of the school.
The School Improvement Team:
- Facilitates the development of the School Improvement Plan.
- Uses data as the driving force to create programmatic instructional change.
- Monitors, assesses, and amends the School Improvement Plan, as needed.
- Advances policies and procedures that enhance achievement and meet educational, safety and parent involvement goals.
- Facilitates communication within the Professional Learning Community.
- Builds the capacity of the school to address parent and staff concerns.
- Karen Dozier-Principal
- Tamara Looney- Assistant Principal
- Michelle Kurzer-Kg
- Shelli Cottrell-Second
- Deborah Wrighton-Third
- Hope Schaeffer-Fifth
- Beverly Harrell-Special Area
- Verlina Berger-ESL
- Lisa Hill-Literacy Facilitator
Our Team typically meets on the fourth Thursday of each month at 3:00. During the 2021-2022 school year, SIT will meet in the media center. All visitors, staff, and children over two must wear a cloth face covering while inside CMS buildings.
Upcoming Meeting: Thursday, September 23rd, 2021 at 3:10 pm in the media center. If you are unable to make the meeting in-person, please join us via Zoom using the link found HERE.