South Mecklenburg High School is now implementing a web based improvement program called Indistar/NCStar. This web based tool provides strategic guidelines for our school leadership team by measuring improvement and managing the continuous developmental process. The South Mecklenburg High School tool is updated annually in September/October and during monthly school leadership team meetings. It is during this time that each of the indicators are analyzed. As a school, 5 indicators have been identified as focus areas and keys to success for raising student achievement. This plan is accessible in the following link; guest access information is included.
Guest Login: GuestS16830
Guest Password: GuestS16830
The School Improvement Team:
Members of the School Improvement Team (SIT) are directly involved in the development and monitoring of the School Improvement Plan, and as appropriate, some of the day-to-day operations of the school.
- Facilitates the development of the School Improvement Plan.
- Uses data as the driving force to create programmatic instructional change.
- Monitors, assesses, and amends the School Improvement Plan, as needed.
- Advances policies and procedures that enhance achievement and meet educational, safety and parent involvement goals.
- Facilitates communication within the Professional Learning Community.
- Builds the capacity of the school to address parent and staff concerns.
School Improvement Team Meeting Schedule
Date and Time: Once a Month from 5:30pm – 7:00pm
September 14, 2020
October 5, 2020
November 2, 2020
December 7, 2020
January 11, 2020
February 1, 2020
March 1, 2020
April 12, 2020
May 3, 2020
June 7, 2020
Location: Virtual Via Zoom
Click Here to Login: https://bit.ly/PrincipalStarnesZoomRoom
No Meeting ID or Password Needed