Uniforms are required for all Scholars enrolled at Shamrock Gardens Elementary School.
help us create the safest possible environment for our Scholars. All Scholars are required to wear the school
uniform every day. School Spirit T-Shirts or College T-Shirts, no jerseys, may be worn on Fridays.
The school uniform consists of:
• Bottoms: Dark blue or khaki bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts, jumpers, skorts, etc.) Shorts and skirts should fall slightly above the knee line. Scholars SHOULD
NOT wear blue jeans of any kind. *This year we will host one uniform free day per month (see calendar).
• Tops: White, light or dark green, light or dark blue tops (long or short sleeved shirts, blouses, turtlenecks, etc.) All tops must have a collar or must be a
dress shirt. (No T-shirts) Shirts/blouses must be tucked into pants at all times. Shamrock School Spirit T-Shirts can be part of the uniform daily as long as
they are paired with uniform bottoms.
• Dresses: Dark blue or khaki. Dresses should fall slightly above the knee line.
• Socks, Leggings, and Tights: Scholars should wear dark blue, white, or neutral colored socks, leggings, or tights with their uniforms.
• Shoes: Scholars will be expected to wear shoes that have a closed toe and flat. Scholars can wear tennis shoes or any type of other casual or dress shoes,
please no heels/wedges. Open-toe and open-heel shoes such as sandals and flip-flops are not permitted for safety reasons.
• Belts: Scholars will be expected to wear a dark-colored belt when necessary ( i.e. pants, skirts, shorts, that are larger than child's waist) with their uniforms.
Shirts/blouses must be tucked into pants at all times.
• Hats: Scholars will not be allowed to wear hats, caps, hoods, or scarves inside the school building.
Please note the following guidelines:
• Scholars are to be in uniform everyday, except on scheduled non-uniform days (see below) or when special permission is granted by administration for Spirit
• Parents will receive advanced notice of Spirit Days. On those days your child can wear the theme of the day or their SGES uniform. Spirit Days are not non-uniform
• Scholars may be excluded from incentives and rewards if they are not wearing the required uniform on the day of the incentive or reward.
Uniform Violation Consequences
st Offense• Notification home to parent
• Parent must bring in new uniform for scholar (if parent is unable, school will provide loaner clothes)
• Parent Conference with administration
Repeat Offenders • Other disciplinary consequences