· Skirts, dresses, and shorts must reach the bottom of the fingertips when arms are fully extended.
· Jeans should be free from holes.
· Tops must have sleeves.
· No headgear inside of the building (hats, hoods, knit caps, do rags, bandanas, head wraps, sunglasses, etc.), except for religious purposes.
· Pants and shorts must be worn at the waist.
· Clothing which advertises or portrays gangs, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, violence, nudity, obscene language or has any slogan, or picture which is not in good taste or demeaning to any group or gender, is not to be worn in school.
Teachers are expected to inspect uniforms daily upon student arrival to their class. When students violate the policy, teachers should notify the grade level BMT or GLL. Students who violate the dress code policy are subject to the following consequences:
1st Offense – (Warning) Parent contact for change of clothing, sent to BMT and/or school social worker to provide change of clothing. Offense logged and all teachers emailed of violation if parents unable to bring change of clothing
2nd Offense – (1 day Silent Lunch assigned) Parent contact, sent to BMT and/or school social worker to provide change of clothing.
3rd Offense – (1 week Silent Lunch assigned) Parent Contact, sent to BMT and/or school social worker to provide change of clothing.
4th Offense – Grade Level Administrator will assign appropriate consequence, sent to BMT and/or school social worker to provide change of clothing.