2021-2022 School Theme: “On the Road to Destination Success”
Instruction + School Culture + Parental Involvement = School Success
Vision: Every child will discover his or her full potential for a better tomorrow.
Mission Statement: At PGES we will prepare each child for academic, social, and emotional success in our learning environment and for lifetime success in our ever-changing world.
Welcome Piney Grove School Family! We are thrilled to invite your family to get aboard the “PG Energy Bus”, as we get “On the Road to Destination Success”.
As we look ahead to our upcoming school year, we know that adjustments will still have to be made due to the lifestyle changes we all had to make during this global pandemic. Our extraordinary school staff is committed to providing a safe learning environment, as we strive to make learning authentic, engaging, and meaningful for all students. As we transition back to all students being in-person, please know that we have worked to build systems of support to meet the diverse academic, and social emotional needs of our students. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential.
This year we are counting on parents to continue to collaborate with teachers to:
- Make attendance a PRIORITY! Please ensure that your child attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Provide students with opportunities to practice skills. Please ensure your child completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Encourage students to Read to Succeed! Please ensure your child reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Communicate on a regular basis, via phone calls, emails, conferences and Parent Square
- Communicate regularly with counselors and teachers about the social emotional needs of your child
We will continue to be a Title One school for the 2021-2022 school year under the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act. (ESEA). We will receive federal funds from the Title One program. During our first school community meeting, we will describe how these funds are used. If you have questions about your child’s Title One school, please call the Title One office at 980-343-6950 or go to www.ncpublicschools.org/nclb on the Web for more information.
We are committed to making sure that we can adapt, learn, and grow together in the 2021-2022 school year. Piney Grove Elementary is an incredible school and I could not be prouder to serve as a leader in such an amazing community. Thank you for choosing Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools and Piney Grove Elementary.