Frequently Asked Questions at Pinewood
What does the school day look like?
Our school day is 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. Breakfast is served free of charge in the cafeteria from 7:30am – 8:00 am. Please arrive early if you would like to take advantage of the free breakfast program. All students should be seated and ready to begin class at 8:00 a.m. Our curriculum consist of literacy program called EL education and Math program called evVision with a heavy emphasis in problem solving and critical thinking through mathematics. Science and Social Studies is taught in alignment with NCSCOS and students participate in weekly specials including Music, Art, PE, and media.
What is the school calendar for 2022-2023
School will start on Monday August 29, 2022. Please see the link below for the 2022-2023 School Calendar.
· 2022-2023 CMS School Calendar
How do I enroll my student?
All Enrollment is completed online. Click here for enrollment form.
Below are items you will need to upload online to complete the enrollment process.
· Birth Certificate (no hospital, souvenir or Mother copies)
- Safe Schools Enrollment Declaration (Required for students transferring into CMS)
- Current Immunization records (Complete record required by 1st day of school entry)
- Health Assessment (Required for new pre-k and kindergarten students by 1st day of school entry)
If you have questions our summer hours are Monday - Thursday 8:00am to 3:00pm.
If you have any questions about enrollment, please contact the school at 980-343-5825 or visit the Student Placement webpage. Student placement can also be reached at: 980-343-5335 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How does transportation work?
We have car riders, van riders, bus riders and walkers.
Car Rider Procedures
· You may begin parking in line on our campus for pick up beginning at 3:00 pm. Please remain in your vehicle. If you arrive before 2:45 pm, please do not idle your automobile while waiting. School is dismissed at 3:00.
· While waiting to pick up your student, please remember that we are a smoke free and tobacco free campus. Please refrain from the use of tobacco products, vaping etc. while on school grounds.
· Parents must remain in their vehicles. Please do not wait on the sidewalk in front of the school. This causes confusion for students when exiting the building. Students will not be released to parents who are not in their vehicle.
· If you need to enter the school to for a pre scheduled meeting with the teacher or for other matters, you should park and come to the front office for assistance.
· If your child is consistently not picked up by 3:00 pm, you must register your student to ride the bus or provide alternative pick up.
ALL families MUST register your child to ride the bus for the 2022-2023 school year. Click here for link.
Families will receive bus stop pick-up and drop-off times in the mail about a week before school begins. Make sure you review your bus stop location and time – some bus stops may have changed. Once families receive their student's bus schedules, it is important to review the information with the child. We encourage parents to walk to and from the assigned bus stop prior to the first day of school. All Pre-K and Kindergarten students must have a parent at the bus stop.
Other Transportation (ie. walkers, van riders etc.)
Parents will be provided with special instructions for all other pick up and drop off procedures.
Does Pinewood have an after school program?
Not at this time.