The honor pledge reads “On my honor, I will not cheat or lie.”
- At Myers Park High School, in order to maintain an environment that values honor, we commit to practicing integrity and respect by adhering to the following standards:
- We will not cheat. Cheating is defined as giving or receiving unauthorized assistance on any graded work. Cheating includes, but is not limited to: plagiarism, copying another’s work, having a cell phone or another electronic device visible during a graded assessment, and use of cheat sheets.
- We will not lie. Lying is defined as leading others to false conclusions by word or deed. Honesty is required of all students in and out of the classroom regardless of circumstance.
Myers Park Dress Code Policy
- Dresses and skirts, as well as shorts, must not be excessively short and/or tight.
- No see-through clothing. No undergarments are to be visible including bra straps. No midriffs should show; shirts must be
longer than the waistline of skirts, shorts, or pants.
- No cleavage is to be exposed; all shirts should adequately cover the upper body including the shoulders, back, midriff, and
sides. Guys must wear t-shirts under any tank top or jersey to adequately cover these same areas.
- No chains are allowed. No holes are allowed above the knee. Pants are to be worn at the waists and no underwear is to be
- All clothing brands and designs with any unauthorized group symbols, profanity, gestures or signs are prohibited.
- Hats may be worn, but may only be worn in classrooms with teacher permission. Do-rags, skull caps, and bandanas are
prohibited. Other head-gear that interrupts the learning environment will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Gloves and sunglasses may not be worn in the building. Pajamas, blankets and slippers are prohibited.
Myers Park Cell Phone
Use during class: Devices are to be put on silent (NOT vibrate) and completely put away BEFORE entering the classroom.
Unless given explicit permission by a teacher for a specific activity, devices should not be out or in use during class time. This
restriction includes any time a student is not physically in the classroom during class (going to the bathroom, etc).
Use on campus before school, after school, between classes and at lunch: Students may use devices for texting, but not
talking. Listening to music WITH headphones is allowed. Talking on cell phones is reserved for emergencies and requires
adult permission. Students are NOT to use, view or otherwise access any unapproved social media at any time while on
Students who break the cell phone policy during class time are subject to confiscation of the device and/or removal from
class. No warning is required for these consequences. Students who are repetitive/frequent offenders are subject to being
banned from having a device at school. No teacher, administrator, nor the school nor school system shall be held liable for
any loss or damage to any device confiscated from a student due to inappropriate use.