Members of the School Leadership Team (SLT) are directly involved in the development and monitoring of the School Improvement Plan, and as appropriate, some of the day-to-day operations of the school.
The School Leadership Team:
- Facilitates the development of the School Improvement Plan.
- Uses data as the driving force to create programmatic instructional change.
- Monitors, assesses, and amends the School Improvement Plan, as needed.
- Advances policies and procedures that enhance achievement and meet educational, safety and parent involvement goals.
- Facilitates communication within the Professional Learning Community.
- Builds the capacity of the school to address parent and staff concerns.
From GS §115C-105.27: "The principal of each school, representatives of the assistant principals, instructional personnel, instructional support personnel, and teacher assistants assigned to the school building, and parents of children enrolled in the school shall constitute a school improvement team to develop a school improvement plan to improve student performance. Representatives of the assistant principals, instructional personnel, instructional support personnel, and teacher assistants shall be elected by their respective groups by secret ballot....Parents serving on school improvement teams shall reflect the racial and socioeconomic composition of the students enrolled in that school and shall not be members of the building-level staff."
SLT Meeting Minutes: SLT Meeting Agenda and Minutes 6-4-2020.pdf
SLT Meeting Agenda: SLT Agenda 4 June 2020.pdf