Attendance Policy for all Remote Scholars:
Attendance is very important. It is measured by student engagement in the content. Attendance in the Remote Learning Realm is defined as evidence of "engaging with the assigned material". A scholar is assumed absent unless he makes a connection with the teacher or content.
- Evidence of attendance will be measured in at least one of the following ways (including, but not limited to):
- Logging into Canvas to complete daily lesson/modules
- Submitting classwork with 1-day of the assigned due date
- Attending a zoom meeting with face to face contact
- Communicating with your teacher via email or phone call
- Participating in online discussions
- Watching a recorded video or instructional lesson
- Participating during the scheduled class time
- It is expected that parents shall, to the maximum extent possible, ensure that their scholar participates in the Remote Learning Platform through Canvas.
- Parents do not need to call if their child is unavailable for the designated class time, as long as the scholar completes the daily assignment by 11:59 pm.
- If a scholar will not be able to participate in any learning activities that day, a parent can email the student's teacher to communicate any extenuating hardship.
- The scholar will receive an unexcused absence when:
- A scholar does not participate in any part of the learning opportunities for the day,
- or has not checked in with the teacher, and
- when the scholar's parent does not contact the teacher
If a scholar misses four assignments within Canvas, the scholar will be referred to the Student Support Team and a home visit will be conducted.
We are aware that all family and student
circumstances may vary, especially during these unprecedented
circumstances. Your scholar’s team is available to ensure the success of
your scholar during this time. Should you have any questions about this
attendance policy, please feel free to contact Nina Adams, API.