Virtual Open House
December 9th @6pm
December 15th @ 6pm
January 12th @ 6pm
Meeting ID: 949 5106 5727
Family tours are available: Register HERE
APPLY TO JOIN OUR PACK
MERANCAS MIDDLE COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL
GENERAL ADMISSIONS INFORMATION-Before you begin the application process please verify that your student meets the following requirements to be eligible for admission:
- Current CMS student or eligible to attend a Charlotte-Mecklenburg School.
- Completed and passed Math I or Algebra I, Math II or Geometry, Biology I, English I, English II, World History, Civics and Economics, and Health/PE
- Completed and passed English III and Math III (for rising seniors only)
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.8
- OR unweighted GPA of 2.5 with qualifying test score(s). Qualifying test scores include:
- CPCC RISE Test – 70 or higher on Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III
- Pre ACT – English 18, Reading 22, Math 22
- ACT – English 18, Reading 22, Math 22
- PSAT – Reading 26, Writing 26, Math 24.5 OR Reading/Writing 460, Math 510
- SAT – English 480, Reading 480, Math 530
Non-CMS students must complete the New Student Enrollment process. New Student Enrollment Process. If you do not currently attend a CMS school, you must have completed the Future Enrollment process and have been assigned a CMS Student ID number and CMS PIN number. All students must apply through the CMS Lottery.
STEP 1- APPLY TO CMS LOTTERY:
All students must be recognized as a CMS student in order to complete the CMS lottery process. If you are not a CMS student, read the directions above in "General Admissions Information" to complete the process. All students must apply to the CMS Lottery before continuing to step 2.
New This Year:
- The future enrollment and lottery application periods are occurring simultaneously - both opening on December 6, 2021.
- There is only ONE lottery application period this year!
- All lottery applications are due Friday, January 21, 2022, at 10:00 pm.
Click on the banner to apply for CMS LOTTERY
STEP 2- APPLY TO CPCC:
All students who are enrolled in the middle college program are dual-enrolled with CPCC. You will need to create an account with CPCC under the Middle College Program. Students will be assigned a CPCC email, username, and create a password to access all CPCC resources.
Click on the banner to apply for CPCC
STEP 3- MERANCAS APPLICATION (APPLICANT INFORMATION) FORM:
Complete the Merancas Middle College High School Applicant Information Form. This form collects the necessary contact information for prospective students and parents.
Specific Course Completion Outline: Due to the structure and size of our school, the following courses must be completed by the end of your 10th-grade year in order for you to be eligible to apply to our program.
English 1 and 2
Math 1 and 2
World History and Civics and Economics
Foreign Language- Level 1 and 2
Health and Physical Education
Click on the banner to apply to Merancas Middle College