Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School
Uniform Dress Code 2020-2021
We are pleased to provide a school uniform dress code for
you. School uniforms have been demonstrated in middle schools across the
United States to help improve academic achievement, encourage safe and orderly
behavior, and foster improved self-esteem. All students are
required to comply with the Uniform Dress Code on a daily basis.
- Carolina blue long
or short sleeve shirts/top, with or without collar, but without pictures/advertisements.
- Small designer labels (Nike, Polo, etc.) are acceptable.
Carolina blue tee shirts are allowed.
- Carolina blue, tan khaki, gray, black or white sweatshirts, or
sweaters maybe worn in the class rooms over Carolina blue shirts in the cold
- Undershirts must be white, black gray or Carolina blue.
- Bedroom shoes, pants, etc. which suggest bedtime rather than
school time, should never be worn at school.
- Hats and scarves are not permitted to be worn.
- Flip Flops, shower shoes, or stilettos shoes are not allowed.
- Socks must be white, black, gray or Carolina blue.
- MLK Spirit shirts or Citizen School's Shirts are allowed only on
- NO HOODIES AT ALL
ON THE SCHOOL CAMPUS
Tan Khaki pants, shorts,
jumpers, skirts, or skorts. Shorts, skorts, and skirts must extend
past the tips of the fingers when arms are held to the student’s sides
Blue, black, or tan
khaki leggings/tights may be worn under skirts. (No
blue jeans or colored tights/leggings)
Tops must have at least
half-sleeves; not straps or sleeveless allowed
Tan Khaki pants, shorts or
slacks (no blue jeans).
Trousers must be worn
above the buttocks
Belts can be black,
brown, and white
Shirts must be worn
tucked in at all times
Consequences for not
following dress code:
offense – Level 1 – Warning and documented
offense – Level 2 – Phone call home (counselor) and document
offense – Level 3 – Admin Conference (parent/student) and document
offense – Level 4 – ISS and document
offense – Level 5 – OSS (Insubordination) and document
If you are still in need of purchasing the uniform please check
locations such as: Old Navy, JC Penney, Target, Wal-Mart, Famous Mart or
Goodwill. If you need assistance with purchasing the uniforms please contact
your grade level school counselor.