Mallard Creek High School Dress Code 2022- 2023
Mallard Creek High School Dress Code and Cell Phone Policies
Dress Code Policy
Mallard Creek High School will follow the policies outlined in the Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook. The following dress code has been established for students at Mallard Creek High School:
At Mallard Creek we value having a safe and positive place to work and learn. As a result, we have developed the following guidelines.
● Items that promote drugs, alcohol, tobacco, gang affiliated, obscene messages, or inappropriate gestures
● No article can cover your face, except a protective mask. Ski masks or sunglasses are not allowed.
● No Bedroom or Soft bottomed slippers
● No cleavage, belly button, buttocks or under garments should be visible from any angle or position.
Outerwear such as a jacket is not an option to resolve this issue.
● 1st offense – Student must comply with dress code policy, verbal warning and minor incident referral.
● 2nd offense –Student must comply with dress code policy, verbal warning, minor incident referral and parent contact.
● 3rd offense - Student must comply with dress code policy, assigned with two days of Intervention ISS and a parent conference.
● 4th offense - Insubordination offense - one day of Out of School Suspension.
Schoolwide Cell Phone Policy
This is a school wide expectation for cell phone and electronic device use. Once students enter the classroom devices should be put away. The following cell phone policy has been established for students at Mallard Creek High School:
● All students shall have their cell phones and ear buds powered off in book-bags or in designated teacher cell phone
collection areas. Cell phone breaks may be given at teacher discretion. Ear buds/Headphone use can only be allowed when cell phones are allowed.
● Students will be alerted with a technology sign when cell phones can be used for instructional activities. (Red – no cell phones, Green – cell phones can be used)
● Students can only have one ear bud or one ear covered when they are in the hallways. Students must be able to
● 1st offense – verbal warning and minor incident referral
● 2nd offense – verbal warning, minor incident referral and parent contact
● 3rd offense – call CSA to collect phone to take to the office for student pick up at the end of the day, minor incident
referral and parent contact.
● 4th offense - Call CSA to collect phone and take it to the office for parent pick-up, office referral and parent contact.
**Anytime a student refuses to comply, this will be considered insubordination. An office referral will be completed and thestudent will be taken to ISS for the remainder of the block.