- Long Creek was originally built in 1923. Our campus consists of five older buildings which date back to the 1930’s as well as our new state-of-the-art facility which opened in August 2009.
- Long Creek will be the home of approximately 600 Mighty Mustangs in grades pre-kindergarten through fifth grade for 2017-2018, which will be housed in 29 classrooms.
- We have an active and supportive PTA consisting of the executive board and committee chairpersons. They serve collaboratively as a critical component in providing time, talent and treasure to help ensure that Long Creek is a great environment for teaching and learning.
- Our School Leadership Team (SLT) is actively involved in all school-related issues and is comprised of both parents and staff.
- Quality instruction in every classroom is certainly our main focus, yet character education and citizenship follow as a close second. Our Fred Lee Carr Citizenship Award Ceremony recognizes one student per class monthly as a culminating activity to celebrate and promote our character expectations. We also recognize A/B Honor Roll and Perfect Attendance.
- We focus on keeping our families informed and involved by using our school and PTO websites, monthly calendars, monthly “Hoofbeats”newsletter, classroom newsletters, Connect ED, etc.
Creative Curriculum (Pre-K)
EL Education (Literacy Kindergarten-3rd Grade)
Balanced Literacy Approach (Literacy 4-5)
William & Mary (Literacy enrichment)
Problem Solver, Math Stars, Hands-on-Equations, etc. (Math Enrichment)
Special area classes in seven areas (Art, Music, PE, Dance, Theater, Orchestra, Band)
Before and After School Enrichment Program (ASEP)
Honors Choir/Annual Musical
Board Game Club
Battle of the Books