Governors' Village STEM Academy Attendance Policy
Click Here to report your child's absence and specific reason for the absence to the Attendance Office.
Regular attendance and being on time are extremely important throughout the entire school year.
Frequent absences or tardies will greatly interfere with your child's learning.
Students are expected to be in school except in the event of an emergency or for reasons explained below.
Parents can not call in an absence for a student.
A written note or email must be sent to the school in order for the absence to be excused.
- CMS Approved Religious Holidays: Please print out the CMS Approval Form. The form must be submitted two weeks in advance.
- Court or Administrative Proceedings
- Death in the Immediate Family
- Doctor/Dentist Appointment
- Personal Illness or Injury: specific illness or injury must be communicated
|- Inclement weather|
- Car trouble
- Missing the bus
- If a note is not provided
- Parents are required to sign a tardy student in at the Front Office
- Tardies are unexcused except for the following reasons:
- Doctor/Dentist Appointment - Court or Administrative Proceedings
Reporting an Absence by Note
- When a student returns to school after an absence, a note must be brought to school
- The note must be signed by the parent/guardian
- The reason for absence must be on the note
- The student's first and last name must be on the note
- The note must be turned into the Attendance Office (Mrs. Canaz)
Reporting an Absence by Email
- Use the link at the top of the page to report your child's absence
- The reason for absence must be on the email
- The student's first and last name must be on the email
Reporting an Absence by Fax
- A note can be faxed to (980) 343-5781, attention Mrs. Canaz
- All guidelines for the note must be followed (see above)