Dear Eastover Parents and Guardians,
Our Eastover faculty and staff members look forward to working with you and your child in order to have the most academically successful year ever!!! Student success for ALL is our goal here at Eastover. I believe with our dedication to high-quality instruction, rigor, relationships and student engagement, every student will learn to his or her full potential.
I ask our parents/guardians and community members to recognize that in order for your child(ren) to be successful in school, your children (and our students) need your support, particularly, in these ways:
- Attend school daily and arrive on time, ready for the day's learning experience
- Complete all homework and other assignments given by teachers
- Read for pleasure at least 15-20 minutes daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Ask your child to share school experiences with you daily so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Inform the teacher if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject (maintaining a 2-way dialogue between parent and teacher)
- Honor and value the instructional time in each class—support limited interruptions during the school day so instructional time is maximized
- Know that as the parent, you expect for your child to succeed in school and go on to college
I am looking forward to seeing the enthusiasm of our staff and students and I look forward to our journey together!
Dr. Susan Nichols