Good Saturday morning, this is Rick Parker, Principal of East Mecklenburg High School calling with our Saturday Morning Weekly Update on East 495. We have a lot of events coming up this week and next! Monday, 5/17 and Tuesday, 5/18 are the last regular bell schedule days 7:15 am – 1:45 pm. Beginning Wednesday, 5/19, due to testing, all students will follow a remote abbreviated daily schedule 7:15 am – 12:30 pm. Students that have a test will report to campus. May 24th – May 28th is our final exam week for students who have an EOC or CTE exam.
- May 19th - English 2 yearlong classes and Semester 1 English 2 makeups
- May 20th - Math 1 & Math 3 yearlong classes, Math 1, and Math 3 Semester 1 makeups
- May 21th - Biology year long and Biology Semester 1 makeups
- Link for student room assignments--public document you can share with students
- All CTE (Career and Technical Education) make up exams from the fall will be conducted on May 19th, 20th, and 21st. On May 19, the makeup exam for Foods 1, Ms. Hesmer's class, will be conducted in room 5310. On May 20th, the makeup exam for Principles of Business, Ms. DaCosta and Mr. Willis' class, will be conducted in Room 5310. On May 21st, the makeup exam for Intro to Automotive and Auto 1 will be conducted in Room 5310. Again, if you missed an exam for Foods, Automotive, or Principles of Business, there is an opportunity to make up that exam and receive a grade on May 19th, 20th, and 21st. See Mrs. Blake in the Career Center if you have questions.
Remote Learning Schedule May 19th- May 21st
|1st Block- Synchronous/Asynchronous|
|8:25-8:30 (5 minutes)||Virtual Transition|
|8:30-9:40 (70 minutes)||2nd Block- Synchronous/Asynchronous|
|9:40-9:45 (5 minutes)||Virtual Transition|
|9:45-10:55 (70 minutes)||3rd Block-Synchronous/Asynchronous|
May 24-28 will be semester 2 EOC/CTE exams only:
May 24th - period 1
May 25th - period 2
May 26th - period 3
May 27th - period 4
May 28th - Makeups
Daily Testing Schedule May 19th- May 28th
*FOLLOWED BY STUDENTS AND STAFF ONLY WHEN THEY ARE ADMINISTERING OR TAKING AN EXAM*
*only students who are taking a STANDARDIZED test report to campus during their assigned window*
*Exact dismissal time will depend on when testing is completed each day
Important Summer School Information Night:
East Mecklenburg High School will host a virtual Summer School Information Night via zoom on Tuesday, May 18 from 6:00 -7:00 p.m. This is an opportunity to learn more about each of the unique summer school programs that will be offered through Camp CMS and Edgenuity. To access the event please log into Zoom and use the Meeting ID 548 326 7805.
Class of 2021! On May 18th @ 8:30 a.m. in the morning, all seniors have an important Zoom Graduation Meeting with Mr. Parker and Mr. Statome! During this 30-minute meeting, you will learn about the Graduation Requirements and Expectations. Our Rehearsal will be at school in the athletic stadium on May 27th @ 1 pm. To be able to participate in the Graduation Ceremony, you must attend. All seniors will report to the Media Center first to turn in their Chromebook, textbooks, and receive their four tickets to gradation. The link to this Graduation Zoom Meeting is https://cms-k12-nc-us.zoom.us/j/98591283332?pwd=UHZqcjdCVVMxMIRJZ3ZDN0FmYUk5QT09
Meeting ID: 985 9128 3332
The East Meck Awards Ceremony drive-through is on Wednesday, May 19th, Thursday, May 20th, and Friday, May 21st from 1:00 to 3:00 pm in the carpool drop off lane. Have your child check their school email to see if they received an award. Congrats, Eagles!
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR SENIORS
- Senior Movie Night – May 24th Movie: Breakfast Club starts @ 8 pm "Seniors, please RSVP for our Senior Drive-in Movie Night on May 24th at 8pm in the student parking lot by the softball field. You MUST complete the RSVP form by May 21st for admission. RSVP at: http://bit.ly/emseniormovienight
- Power Puff – May 26th 6-7:30 pm Juniors vs Seniors
- Senior Brunch – May 28th 10-12 pm
- Graduation Rehearsal – May 27th 1 pm – Athletic Stadium
- Graduation – June 2nd 7:30 am @ Bojangles Arena
Students, as we prepare for testing, please make sure your CMS issued Chromebook is up to date and ready for testing. Please check announcements on your Chromebook to identify the correct version of Chrome your device should be running. Please update before testing.
Attention Seniors, please remember you will need to return your school issued Chromebook and Charger before Graduation. You will not be able to walk for graduation if you do not return your Chromebook and Charger or pay for any financial obligations. Chromebooks and Chargers must be returned to the school by May 28th.
Students, if you did not exchange your school issued Chromebook and Charger during our exchange period, you will be expected to return those OLDER Chromebooks and Chargers to the school by May 28th. All older Chromebook must be returned and sent to CMS during the summer. Students will be given the new ones in August when we are preparing for next school year.
There are only 17 days left to buy a copy of the 2020-2021 yearbook! Go to jostensyearbooks.com to get yours as a memento of this historic school year.
Attention Class of 2022! It's time for your senior portraits! Check your student email address for a link and more information about the upcoming portrait dates!
All students must return their school owned musical instruments by Friday, May 21st.
Congratulations to our 2021 Junior Marshals:
Tigest Aboye – Chief Marshal
Swathi Balaji, Sarah Beals, Jordan Bolden, George Bundrick, Zureidy De La Tores Tores, Kyle Diaz, Mia Gaitsch-Aguirre, Victoria Grecu, Madeline Hohm, Shawn Knock, Marguerite Mayers, Collin McClure, Nahor Mabae, Catherine Moore, Maxim Nemecek, Astou Nkouyate, Natalie Pound, Phoebe Schropp, Luka Stojkovich, Ainsley Sumner, Sinai Teshome, Oliver Wilson, Amanda Wine, and Parker Zhiss
A shout out to DJ Austin who was chosen to play in the Queen City Senior Bowl as a wide receiver for the Team East Game Friday, 5/14 7:30 pm @ Olympic High School. Congrats DJ!
"It takes determination to see a dream come to pass. The question is not will you start, but will you finish." Joel Osteen.
"It always seems impossible until it is done!" Nelson Mandela
Have a great weekend!