● As of Monday Oct. 11, 2021, all volunteers are welcome at CMS schools.
● Volunteers must be registered as a CMS volunteer and receive a clearance status before
volunteering. Previously registered volunteers must activate their status for the 2021-22 school year
(for instructions about activating volunteer status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
● All volunteers should follow CMS guidelines for health and safety, including mandatory masking and
social distancing (where possible).
● Volunteers may provide coverage during lunch time. However, families are still not permitted to have
lunch with their students.
● Visitors are defined as one-time guests who provide a service to a specific group of students (this
include career speakers).
● All visitors are welcome at CMS schools; however, visitors are still not permitted to have lunch with
Parent Resource Presentations
First Grade Team
Second Grade Team
Third Grade Team
Fourth Grade Team
Fifth Grade Team
Watch the entire series using the link above, or choose from the list below. Each topic has a video in both english and spanish.
Washing Your Hands (english) Washing Your Hands (spanish)
Wearing a Face Covering (english) Wearing a Face Covering (spanish)
Menu for Dorothy J Vaughan- Breakfast and Lunch
Medication Forms for Students
Asthma Action Plan
Asthma Action Plan (Spanish)
Diabetes Order and Care Plan
Diabetes Supply Checklist
Severe Allergy EAP
Health Assessment Form
Important Information about Medication Administration
Important Information about Medication Administration (Spanish)
Medication Authorization Form
Medication Authorization Form (Spanish)
How to Join Artsonia Class Pages
Please make sure your child has joined our Artsonia Class page- either with the Artsonia App on the ipad or through the website: www.artsonia.com.
Access Code: RNWF-XZYK
PUBLISHING ART FROM HOME
Artsonia stores all of the projects your student creates in their "ePortfolio" creating a record of their growth as an artist. You can even add artwork yourself from home with just a few simples steps:
1. In a bright spot, take a digital photograph of the artwork.
2. Sign into your Artsonia Parent account.
3. Click the tab labeled "Upload Artwork"
4. Artsonia will walk you through the upload and editing process.
5. About 24 hours later, your child's work will be published in their portfolio!
Artsonia never deletes its published artworks so your child's work is preserved forever.
How to Use an iPad
Students in grades K-2nd have been provided ipads to use for the 2020-2021 school year. To help navigate this new learning platform, DJV's very own Ms. Carlough has create a video tutorial to walk parents and students step by step through the log in and navigation process.
Ipad Navigation Video
The North Carolina State Board of Education (SBE) and Department of Public Instruction
(DPI), in consultation and response to guidelines issued by the North Carolina
Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS), have developed guidance to
support public school units (PSUs) and communities in determining their plans and
strategies for reopening schools.
THIS GUIDE PROVIDES INFORMATION ON THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
• Reopening Plans and Scheduling
• Student Health & Safety
• Employee Health, Safety & Support
• Social & Emotional Learning & Mental Health
• School Nutrition
• Before and After-School Programming
• Athletics and Extra-Curricular
• Communicating & Combating Misinformation
• Student Learning
• Instructional Planning
Families can now apply for meal benefits for the 2020-2021 school year. This applies to students who will be learning at school or from home. Approved students may also qualify for discounted fees for college applications, pay-to-play athletics, academic tests (SAT, ACT, Advanced Placement) and internet access from some providers. Also:
- Meal prices will remain the same next year. All students will receive breakfast at no charge. Lunch prices are $2.50, pre-kindergarten; $2.75, kindergarten to eighth grade; and $3, ninth to 12th grade.