Student and Parent Resources
Mindfulness and "being present" have never been more relevant and necessary than they are now. Through the pages of the website, students have access to videos focused on working through a myriad of emotions. There is also a playlist of music focused on bringing a sense of calm and tranquility to students.
Supporting Scholars During Traumatic Events
Resources for Engaging in Discussions with Children
Whether you choose to engage in discussions about these events in your home or classroom or not, we ask that you consider the following:
- Acknowledge that the events have happened and may be ongoing;
- Give students the grace and opportunity to disengage and take a break when needed;
- Provide students with an opportunity to write down their thoughts and feelings;
- Validate the need to process through this and be inclusive of diverse perspectives and emotions;
- Redirect any comments that may be contrary to our core beliefs; and
- As our Students Rights, Responsibilities, and Character Development Handbook reminds us, respect, responsibility and caring are the cornerstones of good character.