Cornelius Elementary School Health Room
CES Nurse - Lissa Ready, RN, BSN – School Nurse Bio
School phone: 980-343-3905
County Cell phone: 704-589-6823
It is important for the school nurse to be aware of any health concerns to assist in keeping the school environment safe for your child as well as helping to collaborate with teachers in assisting with your child's learning. Please let the school nurse know if your child has:
- Any chronic or acute illnesses.
- A new medication or change in medication dosage.
- A life-threatening or new allergy.
- A serious injury requiring hospitalization.
- Diagnosed head concussion.
- Any injury requiring mobility assistance.
Whenever possible, it is recommended that you give your child their medication at home. However, medication can be administered as needed here at school. Medication authorization forms are required for prescription and over-the-counter medications.
Forms must be completed and signed by your child's doctor. A guardian's signature is also required. The medication must be in its original labeled container. Any changes in medication will require a new written order from your doctor.
Some of the school health forms can be found by clicking the links below:
Please keep your child home when the following symptoms are present:
- Temperature of 100.4 or higher within the last 24 hours.
- Vomiting or diarrhea occurring within past 24 hours.
- Rash of unknown origin.
- Infections treated with antibiotics must wait at least 24 hours before returning to school.
Important Infection Control Information – Letter from Nurse Ready
North Carolina Immunization Branch k-12 Requirements and Health Assessment - https://www.immunize.nc.gov/schools/k-12.htm
"Students need to be Educated to be Healthy and Healthy to be Educated"
Asthma Action Plan
Severe Allergy Action Plan
Diabetes Care Plan
Medication Authorization Form
Self-Medication Authorization Form
Diastat MD Order
CMS Diet Order
Generic Emergency Action Plan
Seizure Care Plan