Our Mission: To provide a flexible, personalized learning experience that transcends traditional education models and prepares students for 21st Century citizenship.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Virtual High School students take their courses entirely online with the support of a highly qualified, fully licensed teacher. Our coursework is rigorous, and students are required to complete work in each class every day. CMVHS provides students the flexibility to work independently and even at an accelerated pace. We offer a course catalog
of diverse and engaging offerings including Honors, Advanced Placement (AP), and courses offered through North Carolina Virtual Public Schoo
l and North Carolina School of Science and Math
. Additionally, CMVHS students are eligible to participate in athletics and performing arts at their assigned high school.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Virtual High School (CMVHS) students have:
- A love of learning
- Good time management
- Strong academic records
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Virtual High School offers many unique benefits:
- Flexibility: Complete course work wherever there is computer and internet access. Work at times that are most convenient.
- Personalized Support: Work directly with CMS teachers and advisers as you navigate your high school experience and classes. Connect with them by phone, online, through video chat, or in person.
- Excellent Teachers & Content: Access the best content and instruction available online. Choose from a wide variety of engaging core and elective courses taught by highly-qualified, certified teachers.
- Athletics & Performing Arts: Connect with your community and pursue your interests by participating in sports teams and performing arts at your CMS home high school.
Why choose CMVHS?
- Innovative, flexible, individualized education opportunity
- Commitments or responsibilities during traditional school hours
- Preference for working independently
- Access to dual enrollment courses with community colleges across North Carolina