UNIFORM DRESS CODE
Due to the recent safety precautions and guidelines put in place for COVID-19, CMA has changed its uniform policy. We no longer require a uniform, as long as student wears a face mask, as outlined in health and safety guidelines.
However, there remain items that are not acceptable, which are listed below:
Students CANNOT wear:
- Sweatshirts/jackets/coats with a hood;
- Inappropriate (i.e. profanity, drugs, gang-related, sexual, offensive symbols) writing, pictures, or logos on shirts (this includes undershirts) or socks;
- Mid-drifts, plunging neck-lines;
- Excessive Jewelry (i.e. Large medallions/pendants (cannot be larger than a quarter), large belt buckles, anything that could be considered a weapon (such as sharp edges)
- House shoes;
- Caps/hats, do-rags, bandanas, head gear of any kind;
- No gang related clothing or objects. These items will be confiscated.
- Backpacks are permitted, but will be searched and must remain in the check-in closet.
- Female students will be allowed a small to medium (no larger than 12 x 12) purse to hold necessary items. If books fit inside of the purse, it will be considered a backpack, and will remain in the check-in closet. Purses will be searched upon arrival.
All other dress code violations that fall under the CMS Dress Code will be enforced. The dress code can be found in the CMS Student Handbook. The administration makes the final decision on any questionable garment or attire.