My name is Michael Jerrell and have been the proud principal of Bain Elementary School since 2018. I was born in Atlanta, Ga. and grew up in Pace, Fl. Pace is a suburb of Pensacola and is very similar to Mint Hill in many ways. I grew up playing little league sports in the community and had the privilege of attending some of the top elementary, middle, and high schools in the state. After high school, I attended the University of Florida where I earned my degree in Family, Youth, and Community Sciences with a minor in Education. After graduating, I moved to Charlotte where I began teaching high school math. During that time, I coached football, swimming, and track and completed my Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership from Winthrop University. Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to work in a variety of positions in elementary, middle, and high schools. Most recently, I served as the assistant principal at Beverly Woods Elementary in south Charlotte.
I am a proud husband and father of two. My wife, Shaynah, is the owner of the Aquatic Team of Mecklenburg (ATOM) and a full-time swim coach. I am a passionate Atlanta Falcons and Florida Gators football fan and obligated by marriage to pull for the Tar Heels during basketball season.
Our school's vision statement is "to challenge and prepare all students for future success". Future success includes being academically, socially, and emotionally prepared and equipped to serve and advance the community. Our school improvement goals include initiatives such as:
- Planning and delivering standards aligned units of learning
- Delivering a tiered instructional program where all students are provided necessary supports, interventions, and extensions to ensure all students are growing to their fullest potential
- Adhering to students' social and emotional health through explicit lessons and responsive services
- Communicating and partnering with families to expand learning outside the school
- The principal and assistant principal taking an active role in teaching and learning.
I welcome any feedback about how we can make Bain the best elementary school possible for you and your family. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out by email (email@example.com) or by phone (980) 343 - 6915. I look forward to getting to know you and your family in the upcoming school year.