As we are entering into our opening year, we are very excited to have great volunteers to help make North Academy of World Languages one of the BEST! We hope you can contribute your time and efforts. We have many, many opportunities for which you can volunteer or contribute. For example, tutoring, proctoring, classroom helper, chaperone, costume creation, stage set up, visual arts displays, performances, school leadership committee, PTA, teacher support, fundraising, etc.
ALL VOLUNTEERS must be registered and approved on the CMS Volunteer Management System, found at https://www.cmsvolunteers.com/ (opens in a new window). Volunteers must list the North Academy of World Languages as the school in which they are volunteering when registering. Volunteers must also "RE-ACTIVATE" their status each year by logging in, reviewing their profile data, THEN clicking "submit." Please know that paid CMS staff from other CMS schools and visiting instructors must also be registered and approved with NAWL to be on our campus with our students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any volunteer questions.
*We will inform you when and how volunteer activities are reinstated at our school following CMS COVID-19 protocols.
Now that you are registered, please see the volunteer procedures below.
North Academy of World Languages
Welcome to NAWL! We certainly appreciate your offer to be a volunteer at our school. After discussing your potential volunteer position and requirements with a staff member, please follow the next few guidelines. We know that you will get the "bug" and visit often!
- All volunteers must be registered on the online CMS Volunteer Management System (VMS) as linked on the www.cmsvolunteers.com (opens in a new window) webpage.
- It is a CMS requirement that all visitors and volunteers sign in and sign out at the front office for each visit using our Lobby Guard system.
- All visitors and volunteers must wear an appropriate name tag while on campus.
- Remember that students come from diverse backgrounds. Treat them with respect at all times. Should a problem arise, defer to the responsible staff member.
- Become familiar with the safety procedures for this campus should an emergency occur.
- Please remember to log out in the front office upon completion of volunteer activity.
VOLUNTEER CONFIDENTIALITY: By accepting a volunteer position, it is understood that you may become aware of confidential information about specific students either verbally, written, or electronically. The information may include such information as students’ academic performance, behavior, disabilities, and related matters. Some or all of this information is considered confidential under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and any other federal or state regulations pertaining to students’ education records. You agree that you shall not use such information except for the legitimate educational purpose of providing services pursuant to your volunteer commitment and that you shall not re-disclose this information except to authorized school employees who have an immediate need to know.
- Have fun!
(opens in a new window)