Uniforms are required for all Scholars enrolled at Winterfield Elementary School. School uniforms help us create the safest possible environment for our Scholars. All Scholars are required to wear the school uniform every day. School Spirit T-Shirts or College T-Shirts may be worn on Fridays.
The school uniform consists of:
- Bottoms: Dark blue or khaki bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts, jumpers, skorts, etc.) Shorts and skirts should fall slightly above the knee line. Scholars should not wear blue jeans of any kind. *This year we will host one uniform free day per month (see calendar below).
- Tops: White, Light Blue, or Navy Blue tops (long or short sleeved shirts, blouses, turtlenecks, etc.) All tops must have a collar or must be a dress shirt. Shirts/blouses must be tucked into pants at all times. Winterfield Spirit T-Shirts can be part of the uniform daily.
- Dresses: Dark blue or khaki. Dresses should fall slightly above the knee line.
- Socks: Scholars should wear dark blue or white socks with their uniforms.
- Shoes: Scholars will be expected to wear shoes that have a closed toe and heel. Scholars can wear tennis shoes or any type of other casual or dress shoes. Open-toe and open-heel shoes such as sandals and flip-flops are not permitted for safety reasons.
- Belts: Scholars will be expected to wear a dark-colored belt with their uniforms. Shirts/blouses must be tucked into pants at all times.
- Hats: Scholars will not be allowed to wear hats, caps, hoods, or scarves inside the school building. This does not include students who wear head gear for religious reasons.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Scholars are to be in uniform every day, except on scheduled non-uniform days (see below) or when special permission is granted by administration for Spirit Days.
- Parents will receive advanced notice of Spirit Days. On those days your child can wear the theme of the day or their WES uniform. Spirit Days are not non-uniform days.
- Scholars may be excluded from incentives and rewards if they are not wearing the required uniform on the day of the incentive or reward.
|Offense||Uniform Violation Consequences|
|1st||Warning/Uniform Violation Letter home to Parents|
|2nd||Parents/guardians will be contacted and asked to bring a uniform to school. If not resolved, a uniform will be provided for the school day. (Please return uniform the following day.)|
|3rd||Administration will schedule a parent conference|
|Repeat Offenders||Administration will contact parent and may issue a disciplinary consequence.|