We are pleased to say that technology has become a part of everyday learning in each classroom at Winget Park Elementary. We would love for the students to continue this approach to learning both at school and at home. To help inform you about technology that can be utilized to support learning at home, we have put together a list of educational resources we recommend.
Compas Learning - This is a website that directly aligns with individual needs based on data collected from the MAP tests. It provides the students with individual lessons and activities that will support their learning.
· Dreambox - This is a math program that aligns with grade level curriculum. It provides lesson and games to both support and engage the students in math.
· Raz-Kids- This is a website that provides the students with leveled reading material. They are able to both read and listen to a book, then take an assessment based on that book. It provides both fiction and non-fiction texts at each level.
· TenMarks- This is a math website that many of our teachers are utilizing. It provides differentiated practice, instruction, intervention and assessment for the students based on their need. They will need to get the login information for this website from their teacher if it is being used in their classroom.
· IXL Math and Language- This is a website that allows the students to practice activities based on the grade level standard that they choose. Great practice for each grade level in math and reading.
· Starfall- This is a website for beginning readers to practice with more basic skills. There are rhyming and phonics activities that will meet the need of beginning readers.
We hope that you will utilize these resources to incorporate technology into your child’s education. Technology is a great tool for helping students expand their knowledge. If you have any questions regarding these websites or need assistance with login information, please contact your child’s teacher or contact Shannon Radford, the WPES Literacy Facilitator at: firstname.lastname@example.org