Facts about Whitewater Middle School:
- Whitewater Middle School is a 54 classroom prototype which opened in 2009.
- Whitewater Middle School was opened to alleviate overcrowding at Coulwood and Wilson Middle School.
- Whitewater Middle School has two Elementary feeders Tuckasegee, and Whitewater Elementary
- Whitewater Middle School serves a very diverse population of students.
- Whitewater is now a Magent School
The hours of operation for Whitewater Middle are 9:15 am to 4:15 pm. Class begins promptly at 9:15am; therefore, students eating breakfast need to arrive by 8:45 to ensure being on time to class. The school office opens at 8:15 am and closes at 4:30 pm. Please know that students cannot be dropped off in the morning prior to 8:15 am. Additionally, students cannot have an early dismissal after 3:00 pm in the afternoon. It is extremely important that students arrive on time and remain throughout the school day. Any person picking up a student must be on the student's authorized car rider application form and show a picture ID. WE WILL NOT RELEASE CHILDREN TO ANY PERSON NOT ON THE AUTHORIZED PICK UP LIST.
Our Whitewater community is now on Facebook. Please "Like" the Whitewater Campus page. We will also have an electronic newsletter that will be distributed every other week via email.
Whitewater Academy and Middle School are a part of a new program called the Community Eligibility Provision Program. All students at Whitewater Academy and Middle School will be able to eat breakfast and lunch day at NO CHARGE. Parents will not be required to complete any forms for their children to receive breakfast and lunch daily. Students are welcomed to bring a lunch from home if this is desired. IF a child has allergies or special dietary needs, please complete the appropriate paperwork with the school nurse to ensure his/her needs are met.