One of the most practical foreign languages.
While any language will be useful for some jobs or for some regions, French can be useful throughout the world as well as in the United States. French is the second most frequently taught language in the world after English. It is spoken in 43 countries around the world and is spoken on five continents. Research shows the best time to learn a second or third language is early – by elementary school – if not earlier. Read on for more reasons:
- Cultural diversity – CMS has recruited native French speaking teachers from France, Canada, Belgium, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Liberia and Tunisia.
- Learning French further enriches understanding of the English language – 40% of the English language is of French origin.
- French is a predominant language of literature, art, music, dance, fashion, cuisine and cinema!
- Learning French enhances career opportunities – More than 1,200 French companies have U.S. subsidiaries. France is the largest recipient of U.S. foreign investment. In the Charlotte area, there are
44 French owned companies.
- French, along with English, is the official working language of the United Nations, NATO, the International Olympic Committee and the 31-member Council of Europe.
- French is one of the official languages spoken by Canada, our largest trading partner.
- Learning French simplifies the learning of other languages – Spanish, Portuguese and Italian are very similar to French! French is one of the languages spoken in the U.S. - 1.9 million Americans speak French in the home.
- S.A.T. scores of foreign language students increase up to fourteen percent. Verbal and math scores climb higher with each additional year of foreign language.