Lottery Process - PK - Grade 1
PK - 1st Grade Enrollment in TSM is through the CMS Magnet Lottery Process ONLY. The CMS Student Placement office handles the lottery process.
Information regarding the lottery process can be found at the link below:
LATE ENTRY INFORMATION
Because of the specialized sequence of coursework taken in the Montessori program, the online lottery application process only permits rising Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and first grade students to apply. A late entry process is used for placement in a Montessori program above grade 1. Interested families of students above grade 1 must submit a request for Reassignment/Transfer. The Montessori approach to teaching and learning is significantly different from the traditional classroom, which often creates difficulty for students entering a Montessori program for the first time beyond grade 1. A successful transition to Montessori requires the student and family to either have previous experience with or a predisposition toward Montessori classroom instructional practices and philosophy. The prospective student should either be currently enrolled in a Montessori program, have immediate, prior Montessori classroom experience, or the student should demonstrate an equivalent degree of compatibility to the Montessori approach. An assessment is used to make this determination. Please note, due to historically low turnover in Montessori schools, seats typically do not become available after Kindergarten.
To apply for late entry through the request for Reassignment/Transfer process:
- Contact the Montessori school directly to arrange an appointment for a late entry assessment. An interview will be conducted by the school staff using a standardized late entry interview rubric. Scheduling an assessment may be dependent on program seat availability.
- Within three business days of the assessment, the school will provide the family notice of the outcome on school letterhead.
- Upon receipt of the letter confirming a successful assessment, complete the online request for Reassignment/ Transfer form. For this form to be accepted, the family must indicate that they have reviewed the applicable Magnet Expectations Agreement. The family submits the school’s letter of acknowledgement as supporting documentation to accompany the online Request for Reassignment/ Transfer form registered with the Student Placement Office. Request approval is dependent upon grade level space availability.
LATE ENTRY PROCESS
Students in grades 2-6 may interview for vacant seats (if available) through the Late Entry Process. Interviews will be scheduled only if there are vacant seats. Interested families should complete the application below and return it to the school via email or drop-off. We will be accepting applications until March 30, 2017.
Open House for Prospective Parent(s)
We are so excited about your interest in our school! A tour of any school is the best way to get a feel for the type of environment in which your child will be learning.
We do have some dates and times scheduled and are on our calendar but here is a quick look:
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. (includes classroom observation)
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. (includes classroom observation)
Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. (includes classroom observation)
Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. (unable to see children in the environment)
Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. (includes classroom observation)
*School tours are only offered on the dates listed above.*
Registration is not required for an Open House Event.
Here are a few reminders when considering a tour here at Trillium:
- All tours start promptly at the specified time, it is not a drop-in. Tours will begin with a presentation and will follow with a guided tour around our school. Also, you do not have to call ahead, you can simply show up.
- As a visitor, you will have to sign in to our Lobby Guard computer system. This is located in our front office and a secretary will be glad to assist you, if needed. Please have your driver’s license with you and in hand when signing in!
- We would like to respectfully ask that you make childcare arrangements for your young ones and not bring them with you to the tour. This time has been set aside and dedicated to you, the parent. Distractions can lead to missing critical information not only for you but for those around you.
Take a sneak peek/video tour of one of our
Montessori classrooms! Please click