Just like that, the first quarter is history! We had a successful opening of schools for the 2017-18 school year. Report cards will come home with the students when they return from the fall intercession on October 24th. If you do not receive a report card, check your student’s backpack and then please call the school immediately (we have copies). If you need to schedule a conference with a teacher, please call the school to set up a conference or you can find the teacher’s email address on our school website under faculty and staff.
The second quarter of instruction is normally one that we need to stay on top of, and we need your help in doing so! There are many things going on in the second quarter that will take students’ focus off of instruction. The following days are holidays with no school:
- November 10th – Veteran’s Day
- November 22-24th – Thanksgiving
- December 20th- January 2nd –Winter Break
- December 6th is a half day for students (dismissal at 12:15)
- January 12 and 15th – Teacher workday and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Among holidays, we have educational field trips planned for students as well as celebrations! October is also Anti-Bullying Month! We will represent ourselves as being against bullying by wearing an ORANGE shirt on October 25th. We will have our first Fly Friday on November 3rd. This is a PTA fundraiser and students can dress out of uniform for $1. The PTA will use this money to go back to the school and students throughout the year. The first big event that PTA will be helping us with is our 7th Annual Fall Festival!! The Fall Festival takes place on November 9th and each grade level will have their turn in the cafeteria to have some fun and celebrate the fall! If you would like to volunteer to help out, please call Ms. Millhouse at 980-343-6000. Even if you only give 30 minutes of your time, that will help us out a lot!
Please remember that our school gym is a voting site! There are very important things on the ballot for November 7th! We need the District 2 voices to be heard in this election.
We look forward to a wonderful 2nd quarter with you. Here are other important dates for your calendar:
- November 3rd Fly Friday
- November 9th Fall Festival
- November 8th PTA Meeting at 3:45/Food Pantry at 5PM
- November 28th progress reports go home
- December 1st Fly Friday
- December 12th PTA Meeting at 3:45/Food Pantry at 5PM
- December 19th Polar Express Day (everyone wears PJs to school on this day)
- January 5th Fly Friday
- January 9th PTA Meeting at 3:45/Food Pantry at 5PM
- January 11th 2nd quarter end
Jan McIver, Ed.S