RELEASE DATE: July 25, 2016
Greetings Starmount Academy of Excellence Families:
We are pleased to announce that Starmount Academy of Excellence will be a uniform school for the upcoming 2016-17 school year. Thank you to all our families who voted during this process. Please read below for Starmount Academy of Excellence Dress Code/Uniform Policy.
Uniforms are required for all scholars enrolled at Starmount Academy of Excellence. School uniforms help us create the safest possible environment for our scholars. All scholars are required to wear the school uniform every day, unless otherwise noted. The Starmount Academy of Excellence Uniform for scholars consists of:
- Bottoms: Navy blue or black (pants, shorts, skirts, jumpers, skorts, etc.) Shorts and skirts should fall slightly above the knee line. Scholars should not wear blue jeans of any kind.
- Tops: As requested by many parents, we added a second color for our uniform tops. You can choose from Red or Gray Tops (long or short sleeved shirts, blouses, turtlenecks, etc.) All tops must have a collar or must be a dress shirt. (No T-shirts except on School Spirit Days) Shirts/blouses must be tucked into pants at all times.
- Dresses: Navy blue or black. Dresses should fall slightly above the knee line.
- Socks: Scholars should wear black or white socks with their uniforms.
- Shoes: Scholars will be expected to wear shoes that have a closed toe and heel. Scholars can wear black tennis shoes or any type of other black casual or dress shoes. Open-toe and open-heel shoes such as sandals and flip-flops are not permitted for safety reasons.
- Belts: Scholars will be expected to wear a dark-color belt with their uniforms, especially if their pants/shorts/skirts are a size or more too big. Shirts/blouses must be tucked into pants at all times.
- Please note: Scholars will not be allowed to wear hats, caps, hoods, or scarves inside the school building. Head coverings will only be permitted as they pertain to religious attire.
- Sweater or Sweatshirts: Must follow uniform colors: Black,red,navy blue and grey
Also, please note that our Open House will be Thursday, August 20th from 4:00 to 6:00pm (more information will follow). Please call our office with any questions about the Uniform Policy outlined in this letter at (980)343-6360.