In compliance with OCR directives, CMS has developed age-appropriate lessons for all K-12 students on the following mandated topics:
- Sexual and gender-based harassment
- Consequences of sexual and gender-based harassment
- Steps to take if they or another is being harassed based on sex/gender
- Encouragement to report such harassment
- Safe strategies for bystander intervention
All students must receive instruction on the above topics, unless a parent/guardian completes an opt-out form.
To review lessons, please see link (opens in new window).