South Charlotte Middle School provides an academically rigorous environment that supports the skills necessary for success in the 21st Century. These skills include leadership, ethics, accountability, adaptability, productivity, people skills, self-direction, and social responsibility.
The teaching staff is dedicated to life-long learning with many teachers having graduate degrees and/or being Nationally Board Certified. Other teachers have won awards, distinguishing them among their peers. Additionally, South Charlotte Middle School teachers have been selected to present their innovative teaching strategies at state conferences.
South Charlotte Middle School consistently scores among the top schools in North Carolina. It has been named a North Carolina School of Excellence several years and was recognized as a "No Child Left Behind National School of Excellence." Additionally, in 2007, South Charlotte Middle School was named a "NCLB Blue Ribbon School."
Students routinely take top honors in Odyssey of the Mind, National Academic League, Band, and Orchestra competitions. Students will be prepared for Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or other rigorous programs offered at the high school level.
South Charlotte Middle School thrives in an environment of academic excellence where students are prepared to meet and exceed their future challenges. We recognize each student's worth and develop life-long learners who make positive contributions to our changing society.
- Students deserve a positive and safe learning environment where cultural diversity is respected and open communication is promoted.
- Responsible students excel as part of a learning team that includes enthusiastic teachers and involved, supportive parents working together to achieve academic excellence.
- The whole child is nurtured in a school environment through academics, physical activity, technology, fine arts, extracurricular activities, and character development.
- Students are encouraged to engage in a wide variety of activities outside the local school community, which promotes acceptance and understanding of a diverse culture.
- Each student is treated as a unique individual where equal opportunities take place through a variety of learning styles.
- Exceptional children are valued, contributing members of the school community whose specific needs are addressed.
- Technology is accessible and integrated into the curriculum as a means of instructional delivery and effective communication among parents, students, and teachers.
- Students, staff, and parents engage in effective communication regarding expectations of students and opportunities to achieve academic excellence.
- Students are provided opportunities to foster a desire for life-long learning and responsible citizenship.