Read About It (Click HERE for the list of suggested books by grade)
Talk About It
What does the word responsibility mean ?
- Being accountable for what you do in both your actions and behavior.
- Doing the right thing, at the right time, so others can trust and depend on you.
How can you show responsibility ?
- Complete your homework and chores on time without being reminded.
- Accept responsibility for your mistakes and learn from them.
- Make wise choices, such as choosing to eat healthy foods and wearing a helmet while biking.
Think About It
- Over the past week, how have you seen someone being responsible? What did they do? How could you do something to show Responsibility?
- You agreed to take care of a neighbor's dog while she is away and now a friend has invited you to a sleepover? What should you do?
- You broke the wheel off your brother's new skateboard . . . how can you show responsibility?
- Your mom is not feeling well and could use some help around the house, how should you react?
- What are some other situations where you can demonstrate responsibility?