Students must not miss more than 15 days in any class period.
- Any student who misses 16 or more days will receive an "F" for the course (regardless of their actual grade).
- To prevent failure due to attendance, attendance recovery must be completed for any class where absences have exceeded 15.
- NOTE: Each class period is 90 minutes long. Students can multiply 1.5 hours (90 minutes) by the number of days over 15 to calculate how many hours they need to recover to avoid failing the course due to attendance.
Example: Student misses 18 days in first period class.
(18 absences - 15 = 3 absences over)
1.5 hours X 3 = 4.5 hours of recovery required (note: this is the recovery required for first period only. If the student missed 18 days in all classes, the student would need to recover 4.5 hours for each class; i.e four classes = 18 hours of recovery required)
- Recovery for 1st semster 2017-2018 will be located in room C220.
- It will run M-F from 2:30pm-4:30pm from January 8 - January 19th (closed for MLK).
- Students can earn up to 18 hours for attending every day.
The only CMS approved absences are: Religious holiday, death in family, hospitalization (or medically fragile), or approved field trips.
If you have questions regarding attendance or would like to request an appeal please contact Jennifer Gunn (opens in new tab) or Jonathan Lamb (opens in new tab)