Who are we?
The River Gate School Leadership Team (SLT) is composed of the principal, staff members, parents and a PTA representative. The SLT acts as a primary vehicle for development of River Gate Elementary School's educational strategies and acts as a communication link within our school and the larger school community.
Functions of the SLT include:
1. Facilitate the development & implementation of the School Improvement Plan (SIP)
2. Monitor, assess and amend the SIP
3. Advance policies and procedures that enhance achievement and meet educational, safety and parent involvement goals
4. Facilitate communication within the professional learning community
5. Build capacity of the school to address parent and staff concerns
6. Build the capacity of the school to improve in the following areas:
· High academic achievement
· Effective educators
· Adequate resources and facilities
· Safe and orderly schools
· World-class service
· Strong parent and community relations