2017-2018 School LeadershipTeam Members
Pat James (7th grade)
Joe White (6th)
Fatou Gaye (6th)
Shannon Peters (7th)
Denise Lynch (7th)
Renee Blount (8th) Chair
Staff Representatives:Angela Meekey, 6th Science
Katherine Elter, EC ELA
Kelsey Burzynski, Counseling Dept.
Geralyn Dooley, EC Math
Tamara Leak, PE/Health
Margaret Hinson, 7th ELA
Jacqulyn Price, 6th Science
Artia Scott, 6th Math
Summer Blount, 7th ELA, AVID
Shawn Turner, 8th Math
LaDonna Reynolds, 7th Math
Malaika Brewer 8th Social Studies
Kaia Mashiriki, 8th Math
Ralph Jones, PE/Health
Adam Pauling, Math Facilitator
Maribeth Brown, Media Specialist
Tomica Wright, Assistant Principal
Leah Davis, Principal
*Some staff members are first or second semester reps only
Duties of the School Leadership Team
Members of the School Leadership Team are directly involved in the development of the School Improvement Plan, and as appropriate, some of the day-to-day operations of the school.
The School Leadership Team:
- facilitates the development of the School Improvement Plan.
- encourages, supports and creates opportunities for involvement from parents in the community
- uses data as the driving force to create programmatic instructional change
- monitors, assesses and amends the School Improvement Plan, as needed
- advances policies and procedures that enhance achievement and meet educational, safety and parent involvement goals.
- facilitates communication within the Professional Learning Community
- builds the capacity of the school to address parent and staff concerns
School Leadership Team Nomination Form
Click on the following link to learn more about SLT and complete the nomination form.