Ridge Road Middle School – Counseling Department
Counselor: Rebecca Wong
Counselor: Aeisha Huitt
On this site you will find helpful information in reference to your child’s academic, career, and personal/social development. Our team is dedicated to working with your child to assist them with their transition to middle school to lead to success in high school.
- As school counselors we design, implement, and maintain guidance programs that align with the educational mission and philosophies of our school and school district. These programs help every student develop competencies in academic achievement, personal and social development, and career planning.
- As school counselors we follow a comprehensive guidance curriculum to work with students in individual, small group and classroom settings.
- We also assist students in creating an academic plan for their educational future to prepare for high school and successful careers after graduation.
- In addition, we assist students with developing appropriate time management skills, organizational skills, and study skills.
- As counselors we also help students overcome obstacles that may form barriers to learning by helping students respond to issues such as divorce or death in their family, as well as developmental issues typical in childhood and adolescence.
Please feel free to visit our websites to find out about all that we have to offer an to email us directly if you have any further questions or concerns
STUDENT COUNSELOR REQUEST FORM
Are you interested in a summer reading program for your student? If so, please check out the UNCC Summer Reading program. UNCC has various programs to assist our students with academics including reading, comprehensions and vocabulary. Their average student improves comprehension one-two grade levels while doubling their reading speed.
October 20th Mix it Up Monday
Students will sit with different students that they do not know as well
October 21ST- Pledge Against Bullying
Students will sign the pledge in the cafeteria against bullying
October 22nd- Wear Orange in Unity. Anti-bullying walk
Students will wear Orange and walk along Highland Creek Parkway at 4:30
October 23rd- Movie day
Students will watch an anti-bullying video during electives
October 24th- Team up Against Bullying
Students, teachers, and staff will wear their favorite team in unison against bullying
Red Ribbon Week Spirit Week @ RRMS
October 27th- Shade out Drugs
Teachers, staff, students wear their sunglasses to “shade out drugs”
October 28th- Tie One on Against Drugs
Teachers, staff, and students wear their craziest tie against drugs and alcohol
October 29th-Wear Pink Day to Support Breast Cancer Awareness
Teachers, staff, and students wear pink to support breast cancer awareness
October 30th- Red Rally Day
Teachers, staff, and students wear Red in support of “Red Ribbon Week” and “Anti-Bullying campaign”