Thanks for visiting our Literacy Web Page! We hope you find this page
helpful. It is very important as parents that you know what your child's reading
level is and that you understand what that means. We have included some
resources below to help you with that. Please use your child's teacher as well.
They are your most valuable resource!
The comprehension questions stems that are below are good for you to ask your
children orally after reading. They are also questions like the ones that are on
the written comprehension part of the Reading 3D assessment. Choose a couple
each week and have your child work on written response. Please remind him/her to
use evidence from the text to support the answer.
AMAZING New Literacy Resource for Parents! CHECK IT OUT!
CMS has created a Canvas course that houses parent letters and other
information for parents to help their children develop important reading
and literacy skills. The course includes documents on each reading
level that includes the following:
- A brief summary of what is expected and developmentally appropriate at each reading level (A-Z)
- Ways to help your child reach their end of year goal
- Questions to ask your child about the book
- Ways to build vocabulary
- How to connect the book to the world
Please click on the link below:
1. The Importance of Reading Levels.pdf
2. Reading Level Expectations.pdf
3. Frequently asked questions FAQs.pdf
4. Mclass comprehension question stems.pdf
5. More Comprehension Question Stems.pdf