Reedy Creek Elementary School is a neighborhood elementary school built in 1981. We serve approximately 840 students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade. Approximately 10% of Reedy Creek students are white, 56.0% are African American, 3.9% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 24.7% are Hispanic and 4.9% are multi-racial. The student population is approximately 51% male and 49% female. Students identified as economically disadvantaged account for 65% of our total school population. Students identified as gifted and talented account for 3.4% of our population and students with identified learning disabilities account for 9.2%. Students with Limited English Proficiency make up 10.4% of our total student population.
Our overall 2013-2014 End-of-Grade composite was 49.9 percent. Our overall 2015-2016 End-of-Grade composite was 62.01 percent. This is an increase of 12.11 percentage points within three years. We exceeded growth for the past three school years.
Reedy Creek Elementary has an established and experienced staff with very low turnover. The staff includes 55 certified teachers and 18 instructional assistants. Our faculty is highly qualified with over a third of the staff holding master's degrees and/or National Board certification..
Our beliefs are:
· We believe that all children can learn.
· We believe in providing experiences and instruction that allow for individual differences in each student.
· We believe in providing a safe and secure learning environment.
· We believe that developing children’s character is an essential part of their education.
· We believe that parents are their child’s first and most important teacher.
· We believe that building a strong collaboration between the school, community and family is essential in building the foundation to our students’ success.
· We believe that the growth and development of our teachers directly impacts the growth and development of our students.
Our vision is to produce lifetime learners who are equipped to handle the academic and social challenges of a global society.