Randolph Middle School, located in Charlotte, NC is part of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Public School System. The school educates approximately 1100 children each year. We are an International Baccalaureate magnet school and the only CMS middle school offering the Horizons program in gifted student studies. Randolph offers a rich and challenging learning environment where:
- In the 2010-11 school year, 93.5% of our students performed at or above grade level ion state tests.
- We met ALL federal goals for the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Our student population is among the most diverse in the city with more than 32 different nationalities represented.
- Randolph is a Professional Development School with a partnership with UNCC.
- We were featured nationally in U.S. News & World Report for our winning combination of academic excellence and diversity.
The vision of Randolph Middle School is to prepare, inspire and support lifelong learners who will become active global citizens.
The mission of Randolph Middle School is to challenge all students to become inquiring and knowledgeable learners with compassion and understanding of others.
- All students can learn
- Students learn at different rates and in different ways
- Adolescents have special learning needs
- Students can become lifelong learners
- Students need more than basic academic skills to become successful adults
- Respect for diversity is important
- We value the relationships between adolescents and adults
- Students should be productive citizens now and in the future
- Encouraging positive character is essential
IB strategies allow students to develop global perspectives that will impact individual decisions and actions.
Students expand their awareness of the world through a strong multicultural emphasis and community service projects.
The International Baccalaureate Organization aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the IBO works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
Middle Years Programme
Randolph has formed an innovative partnership with UNCC to become a Professional Development School. Through this collaboration, UNCC students work with Randolph faculty to reach the goals of preparation of new teachers, faculty development, improved practice, and enhanced student achievement. To learn more about this partnership, click here.