International Day - November 2oth
Our students had a wonderful time learning about each other's cultures and background. The event was a hugh success and many students are excited for our next event! #GlobalPLC18
Take Home Chromebook Initiative & Sprint 1 Million
CMS and Sprint 1 Million Project have partnered to provide free wifi hotspots to high school students who do not have sufficient Internet access in their homes. To apply for a device that will provide connectivity for students in their home, contact J. Blair Dover, technology facilitator. Conducting research, collaborating on assignments, and communicating with teachers are essential activities for success. We invite you to contact J. Blair Dover, technology facilitator, today!
CMS is also allowing high school students to take home Chromebooks this year. Students received forms to be completed at the beginning of the year and take home Chromebooks are available at any point should a parent or student change their mind. Please contact, J. Blair Dover, technology facilitator, with questions.
Logging into My Chromebook at Home??!!
If you are having trouble getting past the filter at home please be sure you are following the steps below EXACTLY! Also, watch the YouTube tutorial referenced for more information.
YouTube Tutorial: bit.ly/chromebooktakehome
1. Shut down Chromebook before leaving school
2. Connect to your home Wi-Fi
3. Log in to the Chromebook user name: StudentID@student.cms.k12.nc.us password: your Chrome password
4. Once you enter the first website, you will encounter the filtering process. Type in your: user name: StudentID@cms.k12.nc.us
5. Last screen of credentials type in your: user name: StudentID@cms.k12.nc.us password: YYYYMMDD (8 digit birthdate)
6. You are ready to use the Chromebook
At this point, if you are still having trouble, please email Mrs. Dover (email@example.com) with a specific description of what's happening WITH screenshots so she can diagnose the problem.
We are PROUD to be a CMS Choice School. Please stop by anytime from 8am - 2pm for a student guided school tour.
Communication is a very important part of our school safety initiative. Please follow ONE (or all) of the options below