- Only a combination of 4 unexcused late arrivals (after 9:15 am) or early dismissals (before 4:15 pm) are allowed each quarter.
- Sports, dance lessons, tutoring sessions, etc. are not considered excused activities.
- Medical appointments are excused, and recurring appointments (such as therapy sessions) are excused, with documentation.
- Absences are excused for very limited reasons: illness, medical appointment, religious observances, or death in the family.
- Please email Laura Slesinger if your child is absent. Please include your child's first and last name, teacher's name, and the reason for the absence in the email and copy the teacher on the email. Email is preferred, but you may also call the school or send in a written note. Text messages are not acceptable.
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools requires that parents will be sent a letter from the school after 3 unexcused absences, another letter after 6 unexcused absences, and a certified letter if the number of unexcused absences exceeds 10.
- At the principal's discretion and for very limited reasons, a student may have up to 5 days a year excused for "educational opportunity." Please see Laura Slesinger for the form which must be turned in at least 5 days prior to the date in order to be considered.
- Carpool doors will close at 9:10 am so faculty can get to their classrooms in time for the 9:15 am bell.
- After 9:10 am, you must park and walk your child to the office where he/she will be given a white tardy pass.
- Any student who arrives after 9:15 am is considered tardy.
- Under NO circumstances is a student ever to be dropped at the top of the hill or at the carpool door when it is closed and allowed to walk in unescorted as this is a safety issue.
- A student who needs to leave school early must be picked up NO LATER than 3:45 pm.
- Please come to the office and sign your child out. We will call the student to the office; we will not have your child waiting in the office for you.
**More than 4 unexcused tardies/early dismissals per quarter will be considered excessive and may jeopardize your magnet seat!