Charlotte-Mecklenburg Transportation Link below:
DID YOU KNOW???
- Nationally school buses travel approximately 4.3 billion miles per year. With a fatality rate of 0.02 per 100,000,000 passenger miles, school buses are the safest form of ground transportation in the U.S.
- In 2011-12, CMS will transport 118,000 students to and from school daily, on 937 school buses,
- CMS Transportation will travel approximately 107,000 miles each day within 546 square miles in Mecklenburg County.
- CMS has the largest public school transportation operation in the North Carolina.
- CMS Transportation is ranked the 10th largest student transportation operations in the nation.
- School buses must stop at all railroad crossings.
- School buses can not turn right on red.
- The maximum speed limit for yellow school buses is 45 mph, or in accordance with the posted speed limit.