Greetings Oakdale Family,
I am excited to serve as your principal. As a veteran principal I have a passion for creating a strong school culture that supports student success. My love for children and their families drive all of my decisions. Over the years I have proven that leading with love is what works best for student behavior and academic success. I am known for my no nonsense approach, high energy leadership, and for transforming school cultures. In the coming weeks I will host meet and greet events. Please check the website regularly for updates on those locations and time. In the meantime, I hope the notes below shed a little light on who I am and why I do what I do.
• Native Charlottean
• Married to Andre K. Weston for 7 years
• Mother of Aniya (6), Aavyn (3), &“Love”Son Andre, II (24)
• Noni (grandma) to Ayden (2 mos)
• Graduate of North Mecklenburg Senior High School
• Holds a BA in Psychology from Winston-Salem State University
• Holds a MA in Teaching Special Education from Trinity College DC
• Holds a MS in Educational Administration from Scranton University
• Holds a Certificate in Energy Leadership.
• Graduate of Relay Graduate School National Principal Academy Fellowship
• Served as an EC Teacher and Compliance Liaison at Hine Jr High School in District of Columbia Public Schools.
• Served as an EC Teacher and Compliance Facilitator at Cochrane Jr High School.
• Served as EC Inclusion Support Teacher for CMS.
• Served as Assistant Principal at Windsor Park (CMS), Nathanial Alexander (CMS) and Burroughs Education Campus PreK-8 (DCPS).
• Served as Principal at Burroughs Education Campus (DCPS) and Bruns Academy K-8 (CMS).
• Active member at Mount Carmel Baptist Church.
• Former Mecklenburg County foster parent.
Good to Know…
Loves children AND their FAMILIES
Believes education is the gateway to all well-being and success
Makes decisions based on CHILDREN FIRST, STAFF SECOND, & FAMILIES THIRD
Ran ½ marathon (13.1 miles) for my oldest daughters 1st birthday
Workout 6 days a week