Duties of the School Leadership Team
Members of the School Leadership Team are directly involved in the development of the School Improvement Plan, and as appropriate, some of the day-to-day operations of the school.
The School Leadership Team:
- facilitates the development of the School Improvement Plan.
- uses data as the driving force to create programmatic instructional change.
- monitors, assesses and amends the School Improvement Plan, as needed.
- advances policies and procedures that enhance achievement and meet educational, safety and parent involvement goals.
- facilitates communication within the Professional Learning Community.
- builds the capacity of the school to address parent and staff concerns.
- Facilitates the involvement of the school community in the development of the School Improvement Plan.
- Encourages, supports and creates opportunities for involvement from parents in the community.
- Contributes to the design of the School Improvement Plan.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the School Improvement Plan strategies.
- Lydia Fergison, Principal
- Semeika Stewart, Assistant Principal
- Beverly Camp, Instructional Support Representatives
- Maggie McGowan, Teacher Assistant Representative
- Marcia Morris, Parent Representative
- Chavon Carroll, Parent Representative
SLT Meeting Schedule:
SLT Meeting Location: Newell Conference Room
Stay tuned for the 2018-19 meeting dates and times!
SLT Meeting Agendas and Minutes