Click here for the CMS Magnet Program website
Click here for Magnet entrance requirements
The following addresses are considered in the priority zone:
- Brandon Rd: 1600-1799
- Bucknell Ave: 2000-2399
- Hastings Dr: 2200-2299
- Hertford Rd: 1600-1799
- Maryland Ave: 1400-1599
- Norton Rd: 2100-2199
- Princeton Ave: 2119-2199
- Queens Rd: 1600-1999
- Queens Rd West: 1226-1699
- Radcliffe Ave: 2000-2399
- Rolston Dr: 2100-2199
- Roswell Ave: 2000-2099
- Selwyn Ave: 1900-2199
- Sherwood Ave: 2000-2499
- Stanford Pl: 1500-1599
- Wellesley Ave: 1900-2499
- Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before August 31, 2017. You may start enrolling right away.
- Families will need the following information to register their child:
- Certified Birth Certificate (please no mother’s or souvenir copies)
- Current Immunization record
- 3 Proofs of residency (current utility bill, current lease agreement/mortgage contract)
- Families of students that have English as a second language are encouraged to register their children at the International Center located at the Family Application Center. Students are given an assessment that is used to determine English language proficiency and eligibility for English as Second Language program services.
- For more information on enrolling children in CMS, please call the Student Placement Office at 980-343-5335
This is what parents and children have said about our school:
"The staff at Myers Park has been effectively teaching phonics-based reading for over twenty five years."
"Mom, I love these letterbooks that help me learn to read! Going to kindergarten is more fun than I ever thought it could be."
"Upon completion of 5th grade at Myers Park, my son was more than prepared to go to the middle school of our choice."
You are embarking on an exciting time in life: the beginning of your child’s formal education. Choosing an elementary school that best meets your family’s needs is not an easy decision. Myers Park Traditional Elementary School is a public traditional magnet school and an excellent choice for your family!
Come to an Open House for a tour and meeting which will include general information about the application process and specific information about our school.
Contact these families to chat informally about their experiences at Myers Park Traditional:
Andy and Katherine Ball 704-342-2255
John and Kathy Giannuzzi 704-343-2994
Please contact the school for additional information by phone 980-343-5522, or email