CAMBRIDGE AT MILA WEBPAGE
Cambridge Application Period for 2017-18
For those current 3rd through 7th grade students who are interested in the Cambridge Programme for the 2017-2018 school year, the application period is open from November 13, 2017 until December 15th, 2017. All interested families need to complete and sign the application and honor code, which can be found in the Cambridge link on the school website. These must be completed and submitted to Ms. Mills, the MILA Cambridge school coordinator no later than December 15th, 2017.
Cambridge Info Parent session.pdf
Cambridge Primary Programme Overview
- The Cambridge Primary Programme is an innovative and accelerated method of academic study offered solely through the University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
- The world's largest provider of K-12 international education programs
- A global model for academic excellence through rigorous standards and high expectations
- An educational leader in 160 countries, with programs in over 9000 schools
- Part of England's renowned University of Cambridge
Cambridge Primary Programme (Grades 4 & 5):
- Promotes academic rigor in English, Math, and Science
- Provides a flexible curriculum framework that promotes creativity
- Emphasizes thinking skills as well as inquiry-based learning
- Measures student progress based on international benchmarks
- Presents a global focus while promoting cultural sensitivity
- Prepares students for Middle School and High School Cambridge programs
An Academic Experience
- Part of the University of Cambridge's Cambridge International Examinations, the Primary Programme provides an engaging, accelerated, academic experience for motivated learners. Students are challenged to work at the highest level of international standards in Mathematics, Science, and English.
- With a flexible curriculum framework, the Primary Programme encourages students to inquire and explore as they develop essential competencies. Students learn how to analyze and solve problems, leading to a deeper knowledge and understanding of local, national, and global issues.
- The Cambridge Primary Programme provides teachers with international benchmarks to evaluate student progress, determining areas of weakness and strength. Teachers use a broad range of strategies, such as inquiry-based learning, in order to create a classroom atmosphere that is both stimulating and enlightening.
Student Initiative & Creativity
- In all Cambridge Programmes, high expectations encourage outstanding performance. As students master the fundamentals in the core curriculum areas, they grow more confident and capable of exploring the arts and humanities. By emphasizing student initiative and creativity, Cambridge Programmes foster growth at all levels.
Parent Links for more information about the Cambridge Primary Programme:
Student Honor Code
Andrea Mills, Cambridge School Coordinator