District: Maximize academic achievement by every student in every school.
School: Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School provides a rigorous and relevant educational experience for every child.
District: CMS provides all students the best education available anywhere, preparing every child to lead a rich and productive life.
School: Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School cultivates a mindset of life-long learning, which strengthens every student’s ability to succeed in future endeavors.
- Educators in our school must value working with this age group and be prepared to do so.
- Courageous, collaborative leadership is needed at every level in the school.
- The shared vision must guide our decisions.
- An inviting, supportive, and safe environment must be provided.
- High expectations for every member of our educational community are essential for growth and success.
- Active learning is the only form of true learning.
- Every student must have an adult advocate.
- School initiated family and community partnerships are vital for growth.
- The curriculum must be relevant, challenging, integrative, and exploratory.
*Adopted from staff book study of the following:
Erb, T. (2005). This We Believe in Action. National Middle School Association.