Maximize academic achievement by every student in every school.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School provides a rigorous and relevant educational experience for every child.
CMS provides all students the best education available anywhere, preparing every child to lead a rich and productive life.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School cultivates a mindset of life-long learning, which strengthens every student’s ability to succeed in future endeavors.
· Educators in our school must value working with this age group and be prepared to do so.
· Courageous, collaborative leadership is needed at every level in the school.
· The shared vision must guide our decisions.
· An inviting, supportive, and safe environment must be provided.
· High expectations for every member of our educational community are essential for growth and success.
· Active learning is the only form of true learning.
· Every student must have an adult advocate.
· School initiated family and community partnerships are vital for growth.
· The curriculum must be relevant, challenging, integrative, and exploratory.
*adopted from staff book study of the following:
Erb, T. (2005). This We Believe in Action. National Middle School Association.