- Long Creek was originally built in 1923. Our campus consists of five older buildings which date back to the 1930’s as well as our new state-of-the-art facility which opened in August 2009.
- Long Creek will be the home of approximately 600 Mighty Mustangs in grades pre-kindergarten through fifth grade for 2017-2018, which will be housed in 29 classrooms.
- We have an active and supportive PTA consisting of the executive board and committee chairpersons. They serve collaboratively as a critical component in providing time, talent and treasure to help ensure that Long Creek is a great environment for teaching and learning.
- Our School Leadership Team (SLT) is actively involved in all school-related issues and is comprised of both parents and staff.
- Quality instruction in every classroom is certainly our main focus, yet character education and citizenship follow as a close second. Our Fred Lee Carr Citizenship Award Ceremony recognizes one student per class monthly as a culminating activity to celebrate and promote our character expectations. We also recognize A/B Honor Roll and Perfect Attendance.
- We focus on keeping our families informed and involved by using our school and PTO websites, monthly calendars, monthly “Hoofbeats”newsletter, classroom newsletters, Connect ED, etc.
Long Creek in 2017-2018
“Mighty Mustangs” – school-wide positive behavior support program
School uniforms for students
Cambridge International School
Personalized Learning School-wide implementation in Math
Clustered TD/Accelerated classes in grades 1-5
Inclusive Practices (students with disabilities)
Computer lab, Research lab, Smartboards, etc.
K-3 Intensive Reading program
Daily open check-out in the Media Center
Math Small Group (MSG)
Fred Lee Carr (Character Education)
Creative Curriculum (Pre-K)
Superkids (Literacy Kindergarten-1)
Balanced Literacy Approach (Literacy 2-5)
Personalized Learning (Math)
Lucy Calkins/Imagine It, etc. (Writing)
William & Mary (Literacy enrichment)
Problem Solver, Math Stars, Hands-on-Equations, etc. (Math enrichment)
Special area classes in five areas (Art, Music, PE, Media and Computer)
Before and After School Enrichment Program (ASEP)
Fire Bowl Team
Honors Choir/Annual Musical Board Game Club Robotics Team Battle of the Books Coding Club Stage Design Team
“We, the Long Creek school community, are committed to promoting academic excellence, while developing leaders of tomorrow through the creation of a nurturing, yet challenging and innovative learning environment.”